Preheat oven 350 "le cordon bleu" just means "the blue ribbon." Or Blue Ribbon Cook.
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons butter (melted)
- 1 medium garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (skinless)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (you can use fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (you can use ham instead of prosciutto)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Heat broth in a small pan at medium heat, about 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine in breadcrumbs, Parmigiano cheese and paprika in a medium deep bowl; set aside.
- Place each of your chicken breast half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet or your rolling pin.
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto or ham and 1 tablespoon mozzarella.
- Now take each breast half like a jelly-roll then take each one and dip each roll in chicken broth mixture and then roll in your breadcrumb mixture.
- Place each chicken breast, the seam facing side down, in an 8 or 10-inch square baking dish, coat the dish first with cooking spray.
- Take your remaining broth mixture and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes making sure tops are golden and juicy.
Post a Comment