- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle some salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound well washed escarole or fresh spinach, cut into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ cup pastina or acini pasta
- Make the Meatballs:
In a large bowl mixing bowl, mix all your meatball ingredients together until it us well mixed.
Shape the meat into small size meatballs, about the size of a marble
- Once all made put the meatballs into a bowl and set aside until they are added to the soup (you can put them in refrigerator till them to keep meat safe.
- Make the Soup
- Now bring your broth to a boil in a large pot over medium heat.
Slowly add the meatballs and escarole or spinach and cook until the meatballs are cooked through and the escarole (or spinach) is tender, about 12 minutes.
Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper (optional)
- Using a ladle put soup into bowls and serve with your favorite grated cheese.